Courses will give candidates opportunities to:
• understand the nature and purpose of accounting in business and non-profitmaking organisations, and the principles on which accounting is based
• understand the use of accounting as an aid to business decision-making
• understand the use of accounting as a means of assessing the financial position of an organisation
• develop the abilities to quantify, to judge relevance, and to write clear and concise explanations.
• To encourage an attitude of accuracy, orderliness and logical thinking.
• To develop skills of numeracy, literacy communication, enquiry, presentation and interpretation.
• Possession of both the Level 3 and A-level is likely to give exemptions from the CAT (Certified Accounting Technicians) and ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) professional examinations.